Thursday, October 13, 2011

Ernest Hemingway great quotes

Happiness in intelligent people is the rarest thing I know.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can.

Hesitation increases in relation to risk in equal proportion to age.

I know only that what is moral is what you feel good after and what is immoral is what you feel bad after.

I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen.

I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?

I never had to choose a subject - my subject rather chose me.

If you have a success you have it for the wrong reasons. If you become popular it is always because of the worst aspects of your work.


In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason


It's none of their business that you have to learn how to write. Let them think you were born that way. 


Never go on trips with anyone you do not love.


That terrible mood of depression of whether it's any good or not is what is known as The Artist's Reward. 


The best way to find out if you can trust somebody is to trust them. 


The game of golf would lose a great deal if croquet mallets and billiard cues were allowed on the putting green. 


The man who has begun to live more seriously within begins to live more simply without. 


The only thing that could spoil a day was people. People were always the limiters of happiness except for the very few that were as good as spring itself.


The shortest answer is doing the thing. 


There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed.


Why should anybody be interested in some old man who was a failure?


You love me but you don't know it yet.

No comments: